Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thoughts on Disney

Soooo, I found out about the program and I had a complete freak out. I was so exited and giddy, that I was tearing up and couldn't stop smiling. From that moment until now, my patience has been my enemy, because it seemed to run away and I just can't find it. In a futile attempt to keep me from having some sort of 'I can't wait any longer and now I'm going to explode' attack, I have occupied myself by learning more about the program, by googling, and youtubeing and now I'm going to talk about the things I have found out.

The thoughts that were racing through my mind when I discovered this Pot O' Gold (I don't know why I'm calling the program that either, but I like it. So DEAL.) went something like this... "Disney! I love Disney, Walt Disney World the theme park I would live there! I would work there, BUT I WOULD LIVE THERE AND I WOULD GO TO THE PARKS ON MY DAY OFF AND I WOULD BE LIVING IN MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WHOLE WORLD! The working thing, wasn't really what I thought about too much. I was aware that I was going to, and I was exited to work, but It wasn't really super prevalent in my mind, I was more thinking about the 'Disney, I'll be living there, I will be going to the parks every day, holy crap' aspect. As I did more research and simmered down a little bit, I learned that this isn't going to be easy work. Well, easy as in it doesn't take nearly as much brain power as school I suppose, but these days working will be long, and buisy, (and hot) and even though I know I will be the peppy, happy person that I always am and I will love my job, I'm sure that I will be very tired, and want to not work so much. Don't get me wrong! I'm very exited to work, I really am. I am so ready for this challenge! But, I know that it's not going to be anywhere to an equal work to play ratio.

Another thing that I found was that pretty much everyone who blogged or vlogged about the Pot O' Gold, said that many people weren't enjoying it at all, and that if you wanted to be successful that you had to realize that this experience is what you make it. Meaning (I think), that if you come into it with an understanding of what you are going to do, and you are exited and ready for the good and bad that lies ahead, you will have the experience of a lifetime. I also think that many people who were unhappy with what they got, were unhappy because they didn't know what they were getting into, (I don't actually think that, I know, because they said it in their videos and blogs. They also mentioned that many other people felt the same way as them.) I believe that they had the problem that I had, before I did all my obsessing. They didn't realize that this wasn't going to be similar to their trips to WDW. They got over exited about all the fun things that come with leaving home, like partying far far away from home with nobody to tell them what to do, and being completely independant, that they didn't realize that it wasn't going to be all fun.

For me, I (now) realize that, if I get in, this is going to be the most amazing thing I have done in my entire life, and that I will have an amazing time everyday. I've already made new friends just talking about possibly getting into the Pot O' Gold, and I can't imagine how great of a time I'm going to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment