Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Post!

Hey guys, bear with me as I try to understand this whole 'blogging' thing. It's new to me :) I will mostly be blogging about the Disney Careerstart program if you want to know more about it, check out disneycareerstart.com or if you want to talk to some awesome people about it, check out http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1695468. Also, note that I am a very sarcastic person, I am also very bad at sarcasm... so if something seems weird or mean it's most likely that I'm being sarcastic... yeah. So, I know a lot of us, who are applying for the program or maybe just a couple(?) are blogging now about this. Which is very exiting! I've been reading them and they are awesome! So I thought maybe we could all answer a few question thingys? Maybe? Well, I'm going to, and If you guys read this and want to as well... you should, and maybe add a few of your own? ANYWAY:

1. How did you find out about the careerstart program?
Well, I have been freaking out about college for pretty much my entire high school career, because I have NO idea what I want to study, what I want to do when I get out of college, or where I want to go, and one day while having dinner with my father, he suggested taking a year off. When I thought about that it was like a whole new world opened up for me and I knew that getting some work experience for a year would really help me understand what I want to do. That night while I was talking to my friend online about my new discovery, she said that I should work at Disney. "riiiiight, Disney. that's where I'll go to work..." I thought she was, like, so on drugs at that moment, but she sent me the link to the website, I watched the E-Presentation, did lots of research, and two days later, my application was faxed in.

2. (If you get in) What are some things that your not so exited for/extremely nervous about?
The Heat. I am from Maine, I love Maine. It's cold in Maine. I really can't stand the heat, I DO NOT LIKE IT. It's not like I've never been to hot places before, I've been to Florida tons of times, almost every year, once in the summer (that was death), but not for a long period of time. That's just something I know will be really tough for me, but I suppose I can get over it to work at the most awesome place in the world.
Being away from home. I love my family and friends, and I know I'm going to miss them like crazy, and be homesick sometimes. It's like an official closing to the first chapter of my life. But I also know that I'm ready to get away from home and start a new one, and I'm super exited! It's a horrible conflict of emotion. Terribly sad to say goodbye to your friends and the life you have known for 18 years, and the thrill of becoming a new person who is independant and making their own way, along with making new friends that I know will last a lifetime :D

3. What are some things you are very exited about?
Well, I'm exited for almost everything, but the things I'm most exited for, would have to be
Working. I've never had a real, paying job before, but I've always wanted one, and I know I would be a great worker, and I can't wait to make people's vacations magical, so I'm definately very exited for that!
People. Meeting new people and making new friends is something I love doing, and I already have through what I have done already! So I can't imagine how much fun I will have with everyone If I do this!
It's F-ing Disney. So, imagine that I've been working for a few days and now I have a day off. What to do? Sleep in a little and then... GO TO A WATER PARK! or.... GO ON SOME ROLLER COASTERS!... or SEE A SHOW! All for free. Yeah, that's exiting.

4. What is one little thing that you can't stop thinking about when you imagine doing the program?
Like I said earlier, I've been to florida a lot, and my favorite thing to do was to take evening walks. Where it was cool and warm at the same time, and you could smell the floridian air. It's so relaxing and wonderful. Last time I went to florida in October, we went to downtown Disney in the evening, and I can't express the magic that I felt. It was just amazing.

I am so sorry for the ridiculously long post. I'm very exited/nervous for my phone interview on the 3rd. :)

2 comments:

  1. I will post this on mine an do it as well.

    but you dont like hear.your crazy. I love it..

    and our interviews are the same day. so fingers crossed we both do amazingly awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will post this on mine too. It will be awesome to see the different answers each of us have. :) And God luck you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete